Imamo Vodic kroz galaksiju!

Mjesto za rasprave o svemu onom što drugdje nije našlo mjesta.

Moderator: Xaotix

Xaotix
The Source

Imamo Vodic kroz galaksiju!

Unread post by Xaotix »

Wikipedia is a real-life Hitchhiker's Guide: huge, nerdy, and imprecise.

Slate/May 3, 2005
By Paul Boutin

It's too bad Douglas Adams wasn't able to see his vision brought to life. I don't mean the so-so movie version of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I'm talking about Wikipedia, the Web's own don't-panic guide to everything.

The parallels between The Hitchhiker's Guide (as found in Adams' original BBC radio series and novels) and Wikipedia are so striking, it's a wonder that the author's rabid fans don't think he invented time travel. Since its editor was perennially out to lunch, the Guide was amended "by any passing stranger who happened to wander into the empty offices on an afternoon and saw something worth doing." This anonymous group effort ends up outselling Encyclopedia Galactica even though "it has many omissions and contains much that is apocryphal, or at least wildly inaccurate."

Adams actually launched his own online guide before he died in 2001, but it was, he wrote, "still a little like the fossil record in that it consists almost entirely of gaps." Wikipedia is a colossal improvement - it's just like the fictional Hitchhiker's Guide, only nerdier.
vise na http://www.rickross.com/reference/gener ... al738.html

A ljudi misle da je primjer vizionarstva kada Spock i Kirk cavrljaju na preklonim SonyEricssonyma.