prema kojim SF knjigama bi trebalo snimiti film?

Rasprave o knjigama, časopisima, fanzinima, stripovima, uglavnom svemu što se lista, a ima (ili nema) veze sa SF-om

Moderator: Ire

Ire
Phd In Horribleness

prema kojim SF knjigama bi trebalo snimiti film?

Unread post by Ire »

imate li kakvih prijedloga?

ja sam našla članak na tu temu gdje autor predlaže sljedeće knjige:
The Stars My Destination- Alfred Bester
Alfred Bester's classic has a revenge driven anti-hero character, lot's of fast paced action, deception, twists and turns (and teleportation) and a generally non-stop storyline to make for a great action movie. But there is also a deeper substance to the story in the way Gully's sense of morality grows from nothing in a believable manner as the events unfold and the story reaches it's climax, and also in it's commentary of a society ruled by a rich elite. A SciFi Count of Montechristo in many respects.

Consider Phlebas- Iain M Banks
Set within the context of a violent intergalactic battle between a super-advanced society (the Culture) and a religiously fanatical enemy (The Iridians), the story follows a Shape-changer agent in a race to recover a highly advanced artificial intelligence from an abandoned and desolate world. This is Iain M Bank's first SciFi novel and one of his best, with well drawn characters and witty dialogue, an epic space opera backdrop, super-advanced technology, weird looking aliens and lots of big weaponry! I think this one has already been 'optioned' as I believe the lingo goes? Banks' Against a Dark Background would be a good'un aswell.

Grass - Sheri S Tepper
Slower paced than the two above but with a dark and menacing alien feel to an otherwise familiar pastoral and aristocratic setting. As our protagonist goes about her mission on a backwater planet in search of a cure for an epidemic threatening to wipe out civilisation across the galaxy she uncovers dark secrets of the sinister native species, building to a surprising and satisfying conclusion. Along the way there are interesting strands about her growing estrangement from her husband and possible love interests elsewhere, and interesting supporting characters - something for everyone. Not guns and spaceships SciFi, but altogether more subtle - like Dune in it's best moments.

The Star Fraction - Ken Macleod
From the cover notes: "In a new world order where the peace process is deadlier than the wars, a security mercenary with a smart gun and reflexes to die for, an on-the-run memory scientist and a geeky teenager with a wad of illicit cash are about to set of the countdown to a devastating international conflict" - Sums it up I think! Elements of cyberpunk, touches of Sneakers and War Games but set in a balkanised future Britain with puritanical religious mini-states, radical green enclaves, shady global organisations and an emergent AI. The cast of characters are thrown together from diverse backgrounds and don't really know what they're doing or the import of their actions, but figure it out in the end for a satisfying conclusion. The three subsequent novels would make great sequels too.

The Stainless Steel Rat - Harry Harrison
I think this series has the potential to be really entertaining movie franchise, I see it as a kind of space opera Indiana Jones sorta thing - the type of character a younger Harrison Ford would have carried off perfectly. Slippery Jim diGriz, a criminal mastermind of epic proportions is captured and co-opted into the intergalactic cops (and slips in and out thereof afterwards) - fast moving action, evil bad guys, frequently hilarious scenarios and dialogue and, of course, the ruthless and beautiful Angeline heading up a great supporting cast of characters I reckon this would make superb fun lightweight SciFi entertainment.
fala bogu, nema nijednog dickovog romana ovdje ;)
Instant Geek. Just Add Coffee.
Hamenaglar
Ancient

Unread post by Hamenaglar »

uff... citah samo Bestera i Banksa od ovog. Ne znam, nisam siguran da se besterov roman da ekranizirati, dok je Phlebas, ne zelim o toj knjizi, ali film bi mozda ostvario komercijalni uspjeh.
nema me.
TB
Ancient

Unread post by TB »

Od Hyperion serijala , Endymion bi se, po mom misljenju najlakse prebacio na film i mogao bi se napraviti svemirski -akcijski -vestern- potjera -SF film kakav bih volio pogledati..

Od ovog spiska citao sam samo Banksa i "Phlebas" bi bio fini SF akc.
Indigo Montoya
Ancient

Unread post by Indigo Montoya »

"Enderova igra" od O.S. Carda - i dati ga Cameronu (Aliens) ili Verhoevenu (Starship Troopers)... pa da vidiš

:blob:
Ire
Phd In Horribleness

Unread post by Ire »

Ursula K. Le Guin - "The Lathe of Heaven"
ne bi bio akcić, al bi bio fini kultni kad bi dopao ruku recimo Kubricku :D samoLOL
možda bi i onaj šamajlajmaljmalan napriavio neš zgodno :dontknow:
TB
Ancient

Unread post by TB »

U vezi filma "Enderova igra", cini se biti ce ga, ali ne tako skoro...

Ender's Game is a movie that is currently in development hell. It is being produced by Fresco Pictures in conjunction with Warner Brothers; the director is to be Wolfgang Petersen.

Lynn Harris is the executive in charge of the film at Warner Brothers.

Currently there is no scheduled release date. The latest author-written screenplay was finished and submitted to Warner Brothers by Orson Scott Card in May 2003. David Benioff and D.B. Weiss were later signed to write a new script, working closely with Petersen.

However, as of December 15, 2005, all previous attempts to write a script have been dropped. Card himself has announced he will be writing a new script not based on any previous one, including his own. This announcement implies a further delay to the film release date. Card finished his latest attempt at a script in early 2006 but there is no news if it was accepted or when filming would begin. The film is expected to be released no earlier than 2008. No casting will be done until the script is finished.

The final film's story line will be a fusion between Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow, focusing on the important elements of both. There may also be new elements and/or plots added to the film
writer16
Ancient

Unread post by writer16 »

ja bi bilo što od terryija pratcheta i ja bi ako treba režirao/snimio film
ne znam npr dobri predznaci ali ja bi film stavio u CGi i guštao :flower: :ocasion:
Inside Every Living Person Is A Dead Person Waiting To Get Out
Terry Pratchett
writer16
Ancient

ili ne, sad sam se sjetio i'm a legend :shock: :shock: kak dobra knjiga kak dobar završetak i susjed iz dimnjaka ahhhh........ savršena pričica samo što to ne bi nitko gledao i proglasili bi ga smećem u rangu ne znam ultraviolet i resident evil ili tak neš glupi kritičari.......
Terry Pratchett
writer16
Ancient

ili turn of a screwdriver (okretaj zavrtnja ), ona demonska djeca .......razmišljam da ga uzmem kao maturalni rad ali još razmišljam, henry james ali bi opet glupi kritičari rekli da je film rip of od onog filma kidmanice sa djecom uljezi........
mrzim kritičare :scratch: :drunken:
Terry Pratchett
Jan Digoel Anthalion
Hani

Unread post by Jan Digoel Anthalion »

Uf. Bash sad chitam "The Simulacru" od Dicka, i...

Ne mogu biti objektivan. Obozhavam Dicka.

Iliti - svaku knjgigu koju prochitam zhelim da postane film - a da bio desnu ruku da "Faith of Our Fathers" - postane film. Medju najboljim SF novelama kojima sa chitao spada - definitvno.
Zadnje sam slušao na svom kompu, ovo što vidite ispoda:
A bogme, kliknite na ovaj iznad chart i čiča The Anthalion će vas naučiti šta je glazba. Image
Zoran
The Q

Unread post by Zoran »

"Ja sam legenda" je ekraniziran odavno, a ove godine su počeli raditi na ponovnoj ekranizaciji. Možda su i završili.

I nije "Turn of the screwdriver" nego "Turn of the screw".

čudilo bi me da to nije već ekranizirano... ipak je klasik... al ne da mi se do IMDB-a.... daleko je... :drunken:
Ire
Phd In Horribleness

Unread post by Ire »

:shock: okej, našla sam čak 4 filma "Turn of the screw" snimljena prema romanu Henryja Jamesa!

The Turn of the Screw (1959)
The Turn of the Screw (1999)
The Turn of the Screw (1994)

i, pazi sad ..

Otra vuelta de tuerca (1985) - španjolska ekranizacija!

to moram imat!! :blob:
Zeljko
Ancient

Unread post by Zeljko »

i ovu verziju ste zaboravili
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0055018/
Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world.
Dagi
Skriboman

Unread post by Dagi »

A po kojoj hrvatskoj priči ili romanu bi snimili film?