http://www.upperrubberboot.com/open-cal ... igrant-sf/
ETA: bitno je što traže reprinte, tj. priča je morala biti već negdje objavljena, no računa se i objavljivanje na drugom jeziku od engleskog.
Announcing an open call for reprint submissions for our upcoming anthology of fiction and poetry, How to Live on Other Planets: A Handbook for Aspiring Aliens, to be published in 2015 by Upper Rubber Boot Books.
Editor Joanne Merriam is interested in narratives that explore the immigrant experience in a science fiction setting: what it means to acculturate, enculturate, assimilate or otherwise deal with living in a new place with strange inhabitants, customs, languages and/or landscapes.
She is also interested in narratives which widen our perspectives of science fiction itself, so please note that speculative fiction, slipstream, magical realism, infernokrusher, literary fiction employing SF tropes, etc., are all welcome. Writers need not themselves be immigrants to submit.
- Word/page count: Up to 6,000 words/story or up to 100 lines/poem.
- Payment: Pro-rated share of 30% royalty for ebook sales and 10% royalty of print book sales; pro-rata share to be based upon page count in the print edition.
- Publication history: Must be previously published, unless it’s a translation, in which case the original must have been published in its original language. Non-exclusive reprint rights must be available (but it’s fine if the work is still available to readers online). Unpublished works may be submitted by invitation only.
- Multiple submissions: Up to 3 stories or 5 poems.
- Simultaneous submissions: Since we will be asking for non-exclusive rights, this is fine as long as the other market is also non-exclusive; please note that this means we will expect you not to withdraw a submission because it has been accepted elsewhere.
- Deadline: 31 January 2014.
- To submit: Send to joanne at upperrubberboot dot com:
(a) your complete manuscript as a .RTF,
(b) a bio of 100 words or fewer, and
(c) a listing of previous publication credit(s) for the work.
Put “IMMIGRANT SF” in the subject line.
If the work is a translation, please also provide a statement from the rights holder that you are authorized to translate it.