Long Hidden (31.07.2013.)

Obavijesti i diskusije o natječajima za pripovjetke, romane, slike, ilustracije, fotografije, stripove, filmove i slično.

Moderator: Ire

Forum rules
1. NASLOV - mole se svi koji će postati natječaje u ovom podforumu da u "Naslov" stave službeni naslov natječaja te za godišnje natječaje (dakle, one koji se ponavljaju svake godine - poput sferakonskog ili istrakonskog) u naslovu napišu i godinu za koju je taj natječaj objavljen.
2. POST - mole se forumaši da prenesu cijeli natječaj (kopi-pejstaju ili prepišu), a ne stave samo link. Također bi bilo dobro istaknuti datum do kada natječaj traje i adrese na koje se uratci šalju.
3. STARI NATJEČAJI - natječaji kojima je istekao rok trajanja i/ili koji su zaključeni, ostaju u ovom podforumu, ali su zaključani, dakle u njima se više ne može postati. Ukoliko netko ima neko pitanje u vezi starog natječaja, slobodan je otvoriti novi topik u za to adekvatnom podforumu.
4. POSTOVI KOJI NISU NATJEČAJI - u ovom će podforumu biti uklonjeni i preseljeni u adekvatne podforume.
Milena
The Q

Long Hidden (31.07.2013.)

Unread post by Milena »

Evo, jedna prilika možebitna za ljude iz naših egzotičnih krajeva...

Long Hidden, antologija o kolonijalnim vremenima ali iz perspektive koloniziranih. Pa ak' netko ima nešto... :kava:

Upozorenje: traže priče utemeljene na stvarnoj povijesti. Al' piše vam sve na linku.
I blame Hemingway. Of course, I blame Hemingway for a lot of things. Still working out how to pin global warming on him. (Snarkhunter)
Xaotix
The Source

Re: Long Hidden

Unread post by Xaotix »

Ovi pa su skoro napisali cijelui priču sami :lol:
No ovo se plaća! Zato...

Detalji sa LongHidden
Story submissions

Below are guidelines for submitting stories to Long Hidden, and the submission form. Please read the guidelines carefully before submitting.

Direct all queries to questions@longhidden.com.
Do not send story submissions via email, and do not send queries through the submission form.

Who can submit

- Submission deadline and publication schedule
All submissions are due July 31, 2013. If it’s still July 31 in your time zone, you’re good. Acceptance notices will be sent by October 1. The anthology is tentatively slated for a February 2014 release.

- Pay and rights
We pay USD 5¢/word for global English first publication rights in print and digital format. The author retains copyright. Payment is upon publication.

- Story criteria
Length: 3000-7000 words (FIRM)
Your story must be set between the years 1400 and 1920 C.E., and take place primarily in our world or an alternate historical version of our world. (Travel to other worlds, other dimensions, Fairyland, the afterlife, etc. is fine but should not be the focus.)
Your protagonists must be people who were marginalized in their time and place. By “marginalized” we mean that they belong to one or more groups of people that were categorically, systematically deprived of rights and/or economic power. Examples in most times and places include enslaved people, indigenous people, queer people, laborers, women, people with disabilities, the very young and very old, and people who do not share the local dominant religion, language, or ethnicity. Many people belong to multiple marginalized groups, and many are marginalized in some ways and privileged in others. Your story should acknowledge the complexity and intersectionality of marginalization.
Your story must contain a significant element of science fiction, fantasy, horror, or the weird, without which the story would not work or would be a substantially different story.
All submissions must be in English.
No reprints. No Simultaneous submissions.

- We will not accept any story containing the following:
Gratuitous or titillating depictions of violence.
Gratuitous descriptions of bodies or body parts, or people described only in objectifying ways.
Horror that relies on shocking or grossing out the reader.
Stories that are all about how someone non-marginalized became an enlightened champion of marginalized people.
A protagonist from a societally or technologically powerful group who happens to be temporarily or situationally powerless (e.g. a peasant who’s really a prince, a representative of the British East India Company shipwrecked on Ceylon).
Depictions of marginalized people as being doomed to hopeless misery.
Depiction of any group, no matter how powerful, as universally, inherently, or irredeemably evil.

- Handle with care
If you decide to incorporate one or more of the following elements, please do so with caution and awareness of the ways that they can be problematic or difficult to write about.
Violence, particularly sexual violence.... .
Consensual sexual encounters. .
Stereotypes and clichés.
Alternate history that drops magic powers or anachronistic technology into a historical setting.
A protagonist who is the only marginalized person in the story.
Revenge fantasies.
A setting that’s already very commonly used in speculative fiction, especially one that’s often associated with stories featuring members of privileged/dominant/colonizing groups, e.g. Victorian England, the American “Wild West”.

What we do want
Your story doesn’t need to have all these elements, but we’re especially interested in stories that have at least some of them.

Intersectionality.
Accurate depictions of life on the margins.
Thoughtful, sensitive incorporation of religion, superstition, and folklore.
Depictions of historically accurate societal attitudes in the context of an authorial voice that does not condone or espouse bigotry. (For example, your female characters will probably have to deal with societal sexism, but your descriptions of them should not rely on sexist stereotypes.)
An understanding of how economic, technological, political, and religious influences shape a time and place, especially in alternate historical settings.
Research bibliographies and suggestions for further reading.
Integration of friendships, family relationships, and community into the story.
Protagonists who make conscious choices and take conscious action.
Side characters who are real people.
Personal triumphs and successes.
Making us laugh, think, cheer, and weep.

How to submit

To submit a story to Long Hidden, please fill out the form below (http://longhidden.com/submissions/). Be sure to:

Address your email “Dear Long Hidden editors” or “Dear Mr. Older and Mx. Fox” or “Dear Rose and Daniel”. All submissions should be addressed to both editors. See this post for why we feel the need to emphasize this.
Include your story’s year and location at the beginning of your submission.
Attach your story as a .doc, .docx, or .rtf file, with your name, the story title, and the wordcount on the first page.
Randomness is strong with this one!