The James White Award (16.12.2012.)

Obavijesti i diskusije o natječajima za pripovjetke, romane, slike, ilustracije, fotografije, stripove, filmove i slično.

Moderator: Ire

Forum rules
1. NASLOV - mole se svi koji će postati natječaje u ovom podforumu da u "Naslov" stave službeni naslov natječaja te za godišnje natječaje (dakle, one koji se ponavljaju svake godine - poput sferakonskog ili istrakonskog) u naslovu napišu i godinu za koju je taj natječaj objavljen.
2. POST - mole se forumaši da prenesu cijeli natječaj (kopi-pejstaju ili prepišu), a ne stave samo link. Također bi bilo dobro istaknuti datum do kada natječaj traje i adrese na koje se uratci šalju.
3. STARI NATJEČAJI - natječaji kojima je istekao rok trajanja i/ili koji su zaključeni, ostaju u ovom podforumu, ali su zaključani, dakle u njima se više ne može postati. Ukoliko netko ima neko pitanje u vezi starog natječaja, slobodan je otvoriti novi topik u za to adekvatnom podforumu.
4. POSTOVI KOJI NISU NATJEČAJI - u ovom će podforumu biti uklonjeni i preseljeni u adekvatne podforume.
Sandman
Ancient

The James White Award (16.12.2012.)

Unread post by Sandman »

Naletio na ovo u zadnjem Ansibleu. Pa ako nekog zanima.

Puna pravila natječaja plus dodatne informacija:http://www.jameswhiteaward.com/rules
The James White Award is a competition for original short stories of not more than 6,000 words by non-professional writers. The closing date for entries to this year’s competition is midnight (GMT) December 16, 2012. The winner will be announced at Eastercon 2013 (29 March – 1 April, 2013) during the BSFA Awards ceremony (details to be confirmed).

Thanks to the generosity of last year’s winner, Colum Paget, who donated his winning prize back to the Award, this year’s winner will receive £300 plus publication in Interzone. There will also be a £100 prize for the runner-up.

The rules in brief:
The James White Award is open to previously unpublished stories of 6000 words or less by non-professional authors from anywhere in the world, but the stories must be written in English. Stories are judged anonymously so names should be removed from manuscripts. You may enter online (strongly preferred) or by post but all entries must be accompanied by a completed entry form. Manuscripts will not be returned. The organisers strongly recommend you read, in full, the rules below before entering.
Who may enter?

This aim of the competition is to highlight new writers. It is open to writers of any age and nationality, but it is not open to professional authors.
Stories must be in English and must be less than 6,000 words in length. Stories over 6,000 words will be disqualified.
Each author is allowed to enter one story per year. Authors who attempt to submit more than one story will have all their entries disqualified.
Each story must be accompanied by a completed entry form.
The competition is free to enter but we encourage authors (and others) to support the competition by making a donation, if they can.
For the purposes of this competition a “professional author” is defined as one who is eligible for active membership of the Science Fiction Writers of America – that is a writer with three short story sales to qualifying markets or one novel sale to a qualifying market.
The date on which this assessment is made is the closing date of the competition – not when the submission is made.
A full list of qualifying markets can be found at the SFWA website. We make one addition to that list, which is Interzone.
"Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast."
Douglas Adams
Xaotix
The Source

Re: The James White Award (16.12.2012.)

Unread post by Xaotix »

Randomness is strong with this one!